Sunday, July 28, 2013

The mother with one eye


His mother had only one eye ... embarrassed about her hours and hours he hated her.Her job was a cook in the student club. She would cook for the students and teachers to pay for her expenses ... She didn't want to speak to him so they would not find out that she was a mother of a child ... with one eye. The students left quickly when they saw her coming from the kitchen and said that they could not bear the sight, and that caused them an intolerable shiver ...The boy from very young had a problem with the image of his mother.
One day, the mother passed by his school, to say a simple hello. . He felt very upset."How could she do this?" he wondered ...he ignored this, and only threw a hateful look towards his mother while trembling. The next day one of his classmates shouted: "Eh, your mother has only one eye! .. He wanted to die. He wanted to disappear. When he returned home, he said: "If everyone is laughing at me because of you then you should die!". The mother did not answer ..."I did not care about what I said or what I felt, because I was very angry," he said later to a friend. "I wanted to leave that house and not have anything to do with her. So I studied hard in order to leave for a scholarship abroad ... and I did it.He thought, she came and got the job at the club to help me ... couldn't she go somewhere else? ... " .
Later, he got married, bought his own home, had two children and was happy with his life, his children, his wife and his job!One day after years of absence, he asked his mother to visit him.The mother had never seen up close her grandchildren. Once she appeared at the door, the children began to laugh at her, he got angry because she had gone without his request and without her calling him to say that I am coming. Then he shouted: "How dare you come suddenly to my house and scare my children? Get out! Get out! ". His mother replied very quietly: "Oh, I'm sorry sir! I guess I have the wrong address "and she then left, without the kids understanding that this was their grandmother ... Years passed, one day he found in his home mailbox, a letter for a school reunion at the primary school, which was the city where he was born ... He lied to his wife and told her that he had to go on a business trip and was on his way. . Once the reunion of classmates was over, he went to the house that he grew up, just out of curiosity ... The neighbors told him that his mother had died recently and He never uttered a tear. They gave him a letter that she had left for him:
"Dear son, I am thinking of you very often. I am very sorry that I came to your house that day and scared your children. I have learned that you will be attending the school reunion and I feel very happy. Unfortunately, I fear that I may not be able to get out of bed to come and see you. I wrote this letter to be given to you just in case I don't make it in time to see you. I am very sorry that I embarrassed you and that you were ashamed of me when you were young.. You see ... when you were very young, you had a serious accident and lost one of your eye. I could not see my child grow up with one eye and live that way, so I gave you mine. I was so proud that my son would see the world with my help, with my own eyes ... You always have all my love. "Your mother.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...