Monday, October 21, 2013

A prayer of our holy father St. John Chrysostom, which he would say to our Lord Jesus Christ every day


1. Lord, deprive me not of Thy heavenly and eternal goods.
2. Lord, deliver me from the eternal torments.
3. Lord, if I have sinned in word or deed, with my mind or in thought, forgive me.
4. Lord, deliver me from every need, all ignorance, forgetfulness, indolence, and stony-hearted insensitivity.
5. Lord, deliver me from every temptation and abandonment.
6. Lord, enlighten my heart which evil desires have darkened.
7. Lord, I as a human continuously sin, but Thou as a generous God, have mercy on me.
8. Lord, look upon the weakness of my soul and send Thy grace to help me, so that Thy
holy Name may be glorified in me.
9. Lord Jesus Christ, write the name of Thy servant in the Book of Life, and grant me a
good end to my life.
10. O Lord my God, I have done nothing good in Thy sight; but through Thy compassion,
allow me to make a beginning.
11. Lord, sprinkle into my heart the dew of Thy grace.
12. O Lord, the God of heaven and earth, remember me the sinner, the indecent, the evil
and unclean when Thou comest in Thy kingdom, according to Thy great mercy.
13. O Lord, receive me in repentance and do not abandon me.
14. O Lord, lead me not into temptation.
15. O Lord, grant me good thoughts.
16. Lord, grant me tears, remembrance of death, and compunction.
17. Lord, grant me to confess my thoughts.
18. Lord grant me humility, to cut off my will, and obedience.
19. Lord, grant me patience, long-suffering, and meekness.
20. Lord, plant within me the root of all blessings, Thy fear.
21. Lord, allow me to love Thee with all my soul and mind and heart, and always to do Thy
will.
22. Lord, protect me from evil people, the demons, and passions, and from every inappropriate thing.
23. Lord, as you command; Lord, as you know; Lord as you wish, may Thy will be done in
me.
24. Lord, may Thy will be done, and not mine; through the intercessions and prayers of the
Most-Holy Theotokos and all Thy saints. For Thou are blessed unto the ages. Amen.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...