Thursday, October 25, 2012

Wherever your love wishes…




 





… When I was seriously ill and on the point of leaving this life, I didn’t want to think about my sins. I wanted to think about the love of my Lord, my Christ, and about eternal life.


 I didn’t want to feel fear. I wanted to go to the Lord and to think about His goodness, His love. And now that my life is nearing its end, I don’t feel anxiety or apprehension, but I think that when I appear at the Second Coming and Christ says to me: Friend, how did you get in here without a wedding garment?


 I will bow my head and I will say to Him: ‘Whatever you want, my Lord, whatever your love desires. I know I am not worthy. Send me wherever your love wishes. I am fit for hell. And place me in hell, as long as I am with You.



There is one thing I want, one thing I desire, one thing I ask for, and that is to be with You, wherever and however You wish.’




- Elder Porphyrios
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...